Last week a few friends came to town... Kelly, Jess, and Julien, and they stayed with me for a few days. It was fun to have some friends to do some touristy stuff with! I took two days off work and we went out on a bus excursion to a few neighboring towns and they took me out for a birthday dinner and then we took a canal tour.... Jess bought me some pesto cheese at the cheese farm we visited..delicious! Thanks, Jess! Here are a few pics from the trip:
It's so green! Almost reminds me of Florida.... ALMOST... ;)
And then back to the city....for a boat ride through the canals
It was a good time... Now who else wants to come visit?
Hi Mel!
ReplyDeleteI really want to come and visit you, but alas, I just flew to Nashville a couple of weeks ago to visit Eve for her 40th. That will probably be my only solo trip for the next 3 years :)
Maybe if you're still there in a year or two, Phillip, Gabriel and I can fly to Europe and visit you, and then our friend Judy who just moved to Norway.
Thanks for posting the Google map with your "places" marked. That was a good idea, and I'm jealous that you live so close to the Van Gogh museum! Ironically, my Van Gogh painting for Eve's project goes on tour today and has it's first gallery showing on Saturday. Maybe it will sell? Wish me luck!
I miss you, and hope you are loving life in Amsterdam! Keep up the blogging! I am living vicariously through you :)
Love, Wendy